Breadcrumb is an iPad-based point-of-sale app for restaurants. Ever noticed the terminal behind the bar at your favorite restaurant, or the station in the corner where the waiter enters your order and swipes your credit card? We're out to replace all of those with iPads and with our app. Breadcrumb is now hiring software engineers at all levels to build our vision of the future of restaurant software.
Our team faces technical challenges on many fronts: A point-of-sale app has to have high availability, since our customers use it to run their business. It has to be robust in the face of flaky local networks. Updates made on one terminal or on the web need to sync to all iPad stations in real time. And the UI has to be intuitive enough that restaurant employees can use it with minimal training.
If you join us, you'll be working on a small team of experienced engineers, with backgrounds including Amazon and Google. We own the full technology stack, client & server, as well as our own deployment infrastructure and ops engineering. Devs work closely with PM & design and have product/design input from the beginning of each iteration.
- You must be a super-smart, highly articulate, generalist engineer—ready, willing and able to jump in on any part of the system.
- You must be able to work independently and exhibit high overall judgment.
- You should care more about the product and the customer than about your favorite framework or algorithm.
- You don't need experience in iOS or server-side technologies—but you should be able to learn them quickly.
- Candidates with degrees in computer science or engineering are preferred.
The POS industry is ripe for disruption: expensive, closed legacy systems running on specialized hardware will soon be replaced by tablets running cloud-based apps with open APIs. Join us, help drive that transformation, work with great people, and have fun at the same time.